In our real world we would certainly be lost in a big mess if some genius out there had not thought of having addresses to locate each location. Similarly to make things work properly in the web world we have Domain Names to identify the location of various web pages or the servers which are hosting websites. Thus a Domain Name gives you or your organization an online Identity by identifying your website as a simple string of words and numeric that can be memorized easily.
In recent years unique and active number of Domain Names has seen an exponential rise and it has been said to cross the mark of 196 million! These domain names are administered by domain registrars and adult domains are Adult domain name by adult domain registrars. Before you go ahead with having a Adult domain name which can be used in a URL (uniform resource locator), you need to identify a unique name which is still unused. That can be quite a task if you need a generic name as most of them have been taken already. But the good news is that you can always buy one! There are a few things that need to be taken care of while doing so.
- If you are running a company or you have a business which you intent to grow using your website then it will beneficial if the domain name of your company website is related to your product / service or name of the people associated.
- A decent and elegant domain name which is descriptive creates a good feeling about the website.
- A keen sponsor will always be more willing to get associated with you if you have a domain name. It creates an aura of respectability.
- If you already have a brand that is recognized in the market, do not hesitate in shelling out a bit to buy the same name as your domain name. It will incredibly help in increasing your business online.
- Regarding the length of the Domain Name, it should be kept in mind that it is important to have a meaningful name that can be memorized. Going for a shorter name like ma.com for a business of mobile accessories is not advisable. Obscure and very lengthy name will also be dilemma for people.
- Can use hyphens in the name when website name is not available as per your choice. The name “Mobileaccessories[dot]com” may not be available but “mobile-accessories.com” could be available. Remember hyphen and roman numbers are usually not easy to type and chances of misspell.
- Try to choose plural form whenever particular domain name is not unavailable, Let us say orange.com is not available but may be you get oranges.com. Such a temptation should be resisted as people at times when forget typing “s” which might shift them to your competitor’s website.
- A very important part of the domain name is its TLD (Top Level Domain). It is at your discretion to use whichever suffix you want like .com, .net, .org etc. There are country specific TLD available too. (Like .ca for Canada, .fr for France). It is the nature of your business or service that you provide, which should be the guiding factor about which TLD to choose. For a country specific website a country specific TLD would be good, for international approach best to choose .com or .net.
- Any domain name that might be a copyright infringement of any other company’s name.
- While registering a domain name it should be done for at least 2 years. This shows to Google that you are serious and helps in improving your rankings.
“There is a lot in a name”
So go ahead and select the best suited domain name for your website.